Saturday, May 06, 2006

Safe Travel



Well only a week to go to my big trip. As the devouring of music is such a huge part of my life I thought I would post some tips before jumping on that plane.

One compilation that has really worked its way into my head since it came out a few years ago is Safe Travel on the Pressure Sounds label. I'm sure its going to make those long flights a lot more bearable too. It basically collects together some rare rocksteady from the mid to late 1960s - stuff that came out on labels like Caltone and Jontom. Material produced by Ken Lack, Phil Pratt and Bunny Lee. Although the sound quality on this release is not all that it could be, its still sublime stuff.

Anyhow to find out more check
  • Pressure Sounds

  • For label scans and more info on the Caltone label
  • Dance Crasher

  • For a radio show on the label
  • Fire Corner

  • For a podcast of Bunny Lee's rocksteady
    (Pirates Choice #29) click on the radio link in the top left corner
  • Rock-A-Shacka
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home