Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Castro & the Haight


Well we decided to walk from the Mission district up to the Castro and the Haight. Day largely consisted of taking in the vibe of these places, checking out the shops and drinking milkshake sized coffee. I picked up a nice ring and nice top. I also managed to pick up a miniature copy of the Onion's Our Dumb Century, having picked up a copy of the actual paper the day before. I also discovered a record store called Amoeba - which had an enormous reggae section. Time was tight and I had to limit myself to quickly picking up a few discounted 7"s. We also spent an hour or more chatting to a woman we met in the park who was out walking her dogs. Weather was nice and people are very friendly. The public transport option back to the Mission was quick, cheap and easy. I like this place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home